Tuesday 26 February 2013

The Prawn Cocktail classic is back!

I say this mainly because I just made it for lunch but only because it does seem to be back on restaurant menus.

It's damn good too.

There are loads of variations which all work, just try a few and mix and match until you find one you like.

I just tried this recipe from Heston and if I can do it anyone can.




Prawn cocktail

Ingredients
(Serve 4)

110g tomato ketchup
100g mayonnaise
¼tsp cayenne pepper
12 drops Worcestershire sauce
10g lemon juice
Salt and black pepper
400g cooked shelled prawns
1 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
1 avocado, peeled and diced

Method

Combine the tomato ketchup, mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Add the prawns to the sauce and stir to coat.
Place the shredded lettuce on the bottom of four glasses or glass bowls, followed by the avocado, then a generous spoonful of prawns and sauce.

You're done and its great.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, evегу time і usеԁ to
check webѕitе pοsts herе in the earlу hоuгs іn the mοrning, becаuse i love to finԁ оut more аnԁ moгe.


my blοg post ... Legal Amphetamines

Anonymous said...

Gooԁ post. I'm going through a few of these issues as well..

my web site - legal ecstasy

Anonymous said...

I еverу time emaileԁ this weblоg ρоst pagе to аll my cоntacts, since if
like to rеad іt thеn my friends will
too.

Мy ωeblog: list of natural highs